18.3.07

Oh Furniture...



Will you ever stop tempting me? Oh Eames. Despite how much rob hates molded plastic, I cannot help but want you in my life.


And will you, perfect desk of mine, ever look less appealing? In addition to the Eames Eiffel chair, your colorful slots and walnut finish - how I long to put my computers on you and look like I'm working.


And what of you bed that is in all the photos for Amenity Bedding? You are not for sale, you are one of a kind made by the co-owner of the bedding company. Completely out of reach and yet you're the only bed I really want right now.

The only thing I love more than all these.... are these images of the Orla Kiely Flagship Store London. Two of my favorite things together - mid century furnishings... and orla kiely patterns




So many things I love.

But nothing quite as much as listening to Nat King Cole completely butcher Spanish. Who ever thought it would be wise to allow him to record albums in a language he cannot at all pronounce with any grace?


oh yea, and we have our catering meeting tomorrow to decide what we want to have available.... we chose our caterer based on the food, the communication, and the fact that they believe food should taste good and just sit down and eat, rather than bite sized tiny things with lots of random fusion that doesn't taste good and just sounds good. Oh yea, and they're local, all organic, and seasonal.

so far:
  • refresher bar with lemonade, two kinds of fresca, and horchata. Alcohol available to add? NO BAR!
  • Popsicle available at some point, probably during the play time after dinner.
  • Family style meals (both pork and fish on the table) with vegan options for our friends that don't eat meats. And steak for my grandfather.
  • Dessert other than cake available.
  • Food and drinks on arrival and available throughout.
  • Discuss the passed hors'doerves options, salads, pastas... cheese plate?

Anything else? rentals, but that's all for me and rob to sit around and mull over.. ;_;

No comments: