15.4.07

boring wedding junk - shoe advice and whatnot needed.

Ok, R is short. I think we determined he's only 2 inches taller than me - and well, we're getting married on grass. So that means I have two reasons to go with flats/low wedge heels.

I don't have a white-white dress, it's ivory/latte slip, so it's a warm color... so shoes? I thought maybe I could go with one of my other colors. green, brown, raspberry, pink...

or just stick with warm whites with gold (i don't like gold, but it will match) accents:

a light silver-gold toned ballerina slipper:


cream cut-out patent slippers:


and here, I hate being weird and posting pictures of other people's weddings... but this one looks totally perfect. And I want the shoes, they would match my damned gown:


any help? In my fantasy world, price is no object, so if you see $5k shoes that would be perfect for my wedding, show them to me so I can at least weep.

----------
So I'm allowed to get the second dress. Here is my thought:
1) I can use the dress money to order the dress this week. (it's a rush order already, can't wait much longer...)
2) I can save the money and put it towards my wedding ring should the one I want be more than what R intends to put into it. (I haven't picked it because my setting isn't done and I want my final setting before trying on rings)
3) I don't know if I will need to put more money towards the ring, so I may end up with the right ring with just R's funds and not having ordered the dress and feeling stupid (but with extra money to go towards... who knows what, bed frame?)

r: if you end up not needing it for the wedding band, but didn't use it on a dress, why not but some other nice wedding jewelry, like that necklace you like?
s: but i thought you were going to get that FOR me.
*r looks at me like I'm crazy, probably right about that, and that he loves me for it*

It's officially 6 months until I'm permanently off the market. Get your bids in now~ the auction is closing!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Hello! I am getting married this coming sept. and having a terrible time finding shoes (my fiance is also on the shorter side). Where did you find those ballet slippers with the ankle wraps? I love them and I think they would be perfect! Any help would be great! Thank you!!!
Mandy