11.8.08

I vowed to share my candy, but I haven't.

Despite the rain the day before, it actually turned out to be a gorgeous, cloudless day .. and we had to break out the parasols and fans for everyone!




Apparently, I look really sad/angry on my way to the aisle from the almond trees. I'm shy and generally dislike being looked at, so I'm sure that had something to do with it. I also went down really fast, I figured no one wanted to stare at me walking for 20 minutes, so I went down as fast as I could without falling. Thankfully, once I was almost to the end, I started laughing and smiling because of my friends and seeing Mr. GB, so we did end up with one non "dear god, this is horrible, grrrr" photo of me.



The vows went quickly, we had asked our friends to write vows for us, so neither Mr. GB nor I had read them before we said them. I ended up having to vow to share candy and leave closet space for Mr. GB. Mr. GB got off easy, he only had to love me and take care of the puppies. Sharing candy is like ripping my fingernails off, so I still don't share with him and I have no shame, no remorse.

Mr. GB's ring went on easily. Mine on the other hand, took me squatting down in an unfeminine way and ramming that thing on as hard as I could. I never said I was elegant or graceful.


We kept the ceremony to about 15 minutes. We were determined to keep the formalities at a minimum... besides, I was ready to eat some cake! Did I mention the cake was amazing??






I still don't intend to share my candy. Ever.

1 comment:

Svanna said...

Speaking of amazing....I love your dress, fits you perfectly. Looks like it was an amazing day. Many congratz from Copenhagen.