25.2.07

If you have seen my ring, it's very cute and Rob had it custom made for me.... but in reality, it wasn't really made to have a wedding band next to it. So we've decided that the wedding band remaining a constant in my life is far more important that preserving the current setting of my engagement ring. Here are my two ideas for a new setting:

1. move all my current side stones to a channel setting in the band.
2. or change my ring to a vintage setting by moving my sidestones into a channel setting and bezel setting my centerstone with milgrain and tiny diamond detailing all around, like this except smaller and without princess cut sides.

The first is simpler, more classic and easier to appreciate the center stone itself. The second is more ME though, with all my vintage furniture and obsession with my 1920's home and all things retro. Rob and I considered that in 10 years I may want to get it reset, so which of the rings will last those number of year?

No comments: