1.1.08

Branch Centerpieces

A lot of people seem to want to know about the branches we used for our centerpieces, so here it is! We bought sandblasted manzanita from Nettleton Hollow and just laid the orchid blooms on the branches. That's it! No glue, no wiring, they were just placed around the branches. I won't say it was super fast since we had to do so many, but it was very very easy. Thanks to everyone who put them together for me, I was locked in the prep-room while it was put together.

This is how it looked on the table and on the guest book table:




A big change from when they came in this gigantic box... it was a puzzle to get them apart without breaking them to pieces!


Here are some photos of the table settings and the branches as they were on the tables. I really feel like they made the setting relaxed and natural, hopefully promoting a comfortable, low key feeling. We also wanted low decor, since we didn't want anything blocking conversation.





This wasn't our original idea for centerpieces, but I really feel like it contributed to the relaxed, casual feel of the whole wedding. And it wasn't hard - so if you want to DIY some really natural centerpieces, I think this is a really nice and unique option!

4 comments:

Sara said...

I love your centerpieces and I'm thinking of doing something similar. How many did you need per table and how long was your table?

-sara

Anna Patricia said...

Very nice, I was also thinking laying manzanita branches on the table with my assorted vases of flowers. It's crazy wonderful to be a DIY bride, so many ideas, so many options! ;D

DW70 said...

How long did the orchids hold up without water?

DW70 said...

How long did the orchids hold up without water?