14.12.07

Starting from the beginning.

At least, of my day.
There aren't very many photos of me getting ready, mostly because we shut the door to the room I was in. I'm not sure I'm missing out on any photos because of it, my dress doesn't really have an attractive shape to it when it's hung up - it looks like a lifeless drooping cloth.

On the other hand, the door was wide open when Mr. GB was getting ready (last minute, I might add) and there was a lot of confusion as to why his tie was so freakin' long.. or maybe he's just short. It's a pathetic sight when you have 5 people in a room all unable to tie a single tie.

I'll just tell you, Mr. GB cannot tie a tie to save his life. He didn't even try.


Here is where I tie it and realize the thing is just longer than long.


Then my friend, and the person who performed the ceremony, Gordon came along to try. As a side note, we chose him to perform our ceremony for three reasons: he's a close friend of mine from college, he is very tall and looks official, he cleans up real nice in a suit.


Midway through the process, he realized he can only tie it when it's around his own neck, which isn't as helpful as you would think. Our photographer, at this point, has decided he has way too many photos of this and left. The tie tying process was supposed to be a cute few minutes, but it ended up being a sad sight of several well dressed monkeys scratching their heads.


We eventually got it on there, somehow - possibly involving a parent and some glue, or a pair of scissors? I'm really actually glad we have photos of this rather than of me sitting in a chair having my hair done. The photos of us showing the world we're idiots it pretty much how I want to remember our day.



That and I'm officially calling this my "getting ready" photo.

Because you can't get married without part of a balanced breakfast and more really stupid facial expressions.

No comments: