9.12.07

You picked a dress... right?

I did! Yes, after all the horrible things we went through, from wishy-washy dress reconsiderations to an alteration manager that made me feel like poo, I did finally get a dress and have it altered! Which dress was it? The original dress, of course!

Mmm lace...


After the ceremony and some quick photos (thank god! I'm so camera shy, I'm glad they were over in a few minutes!) they rushed me off to get dressed for the Korean ceremony. I opted to put on a sash and bustle my dress for the remainder of the day so I could frolic if I felt so inclined. I didn't, but I did do a lot of squatting. Perhaps I'm just an avid squatter, but I felt that I was often very low to the ground.


Here I am trouncing around in my dress at the meal - as you can see, Mr. GB was too busy stuffing his face to walk with me. If anyone who was at the wedding wanted to know where he was, I just want you to know that Pork + Crackling > Our Guests to Mr. GB.


I look depressed or something in the second photo, but I swear it has nothing to do with my brother-in-law, he is just the unfortunate victim of me in a not-so-happy looking pose staring down at him as if he'd done something horribly wrong. He actually did help a lot, so have photographic evidence of this.

And since I can't get away without posting at least one portrait that we took, I had to share this one - which I really feel captures us and the general feeling of the event. This is the only one I'm posting! Any reader who wasn't clicking on this post would miss out on this photo without even knowing they were missing this once in a lifetime chance to see a photo of Mrs. GB not looking purposefully idiotic.



Although I finally have photos (and am out of excuses), I don't even know where to start in what to tell everyone about my day! If there is anything you are dying to see photos of or hear about, let me know and I'll get to them one by one. Otherwise you will be subject to my out of order, totally whacked out posts that have nothing to do with what anyone cares about. Next week's post will be "Ode to my toe jam that caused me much discomfort during the ceremony" if someone doesn't help put me on the path of useful topics. And I will even photoshop some images of me and some toe-jam if it comes to it.

PS. we both wore our glasses during the ceremony, so all you 4-eyed brides, show your lens appreciation and wear them proudly down the aisle!

No comments: