29.11.07

Sibling Love!

Originally, we hadn't planned on having a ring bearer or a flower girl, neither of us had any nieces or nephews, nor did we know any children... or do we? It completely slipped my mind that my best friend from elementary school had two adorable, well behaved, awesome kids! So one phone call later, we decided that her son would pull his sister up the aisle in a radio flyer!




We dropped off the radio flyer at my floral designer's studio a week before the wedding, and again, said "go for it!" with very little direction. She did a beautiful job with the garlands and the whole bottom was full of a wonderful natural green moss.


Actually, the above was from the trial run where he pulled with all his might, calling on the strength of the Hulk, and... failed. So after some thoughts, we decided it was probably best that my friend pull her daughter up the aisle after him.


Regardless, it was still absolutely adorable! I'm really happy they got to be a part of the wedding, I would have really missed out not to be able to have two of the cutest kids ever as my ring bearer and flower girl!

And it just so happened that it was also my friend's birthday. After helping so much and allowing me to have her children take part in the wedding, I didn't want to just ignore that it was her day too! I arranged for them to bring her dessert out with a candle and for everyone to sing happy birthday to her.

She thought I had forgotten, psh!

No comments: