27.11.07

I was a fool...

for logging onto the chat with all the other bees, now I feel horribly guilty that I'm not blogging regularly! That and everyone now knows that I'm not dead/sick/lost all my fingers to a horrible case of gangrene... that I'm fully capable of writing and just haven't. I just want you to know it's not you, it's me.

So where are my professional photos!? Um, well, behind me on our credenza, waiting, in a box and a book and not currently accessible on my computer. This is entirely due to our laziness on not picking up the cd with our photos. But I owe it to you, so here are some photos our friends and family look of me looking like an idiot... err, I mean, looking elegant in my korean hanbok.

If you're wondering why my outfit is not the same as before, my mother decided on the night before to change my hanbok, so that midnight trial run actually meant nothing. The Korean ceremony took place immediately after the first, I didn't have any time to say hello as my aunt and mother grabbed my arms violently and dragged me inside to change.


Look at that worried look on my face and Mr. GB's skewed mouth, he'd never learned to bow at this point, and we taught him about 10 seconds before.


Here is us, pre-bow. For those of you not familiar with the way we bow to our elders, women generally will stand, put the back of their hands against their forehead, and holding that position, slowly kneel and bow until the hands touch the ground in front of them. Men will just kneel slowly, place their hand on the mat in front of them, and then lower their body/head toward the mat.


Mr. GB bowed like a woman. Only the first time, because after the uproarious laughter from the Korean guests, he realized that they were not laughing WITH him.


Here is where I forced Mr. GB to giddy-up... I'm obviously enjoying my pony ride and would like him to carry me around more often, but I think this was a one-time deal at the request of my family. This is supposed to signify him carrying me through life from now on, but really, I think it's just to humiliate him. Not that I have a problem with that, but if that was the point, I could have thought of way better things to do to him under the guise of "korean tradition."



And because I feel that the only photos that truly representative of me are the ones where I'm making a horrible face or doing something ridiculous, I leave you with this photo... that no other sane person would ever put on the internet.

No comments: