15.11.07

Post wedding silence.

I have no excuses! I've been gone because I didn't have any pro photos to show you! But it has been a full month since the day of and we are... still working on those thank you cards, I swear.

Besides the daily "did we get photos yet?" question I ask Mr. GB, I have been focusing on decorating the house, as I did before the wedding (and promised myself I wouldn't do during the planning, but did anyway). And what better time wasting activity is there than painting a room! I've been meaning to paint a few of the rooms, but it's really daunting to get up on a ladder and get the ceiling, or to cover the floors... and as much as I love picture rails, masking them off on both side is pain in the ass. Alas, to get me to shut up about not having any wedding crafts to do, constantly whining about not having photos, and not having things to talk about on wedding bee.... Mr. GB agreed to break his back and paint the bedroom with me. He's so good that he let me pick the color without a peep about how bright it is.

before:


after:



I can't seem to ease myself back down from the hummingbird state of running to my calendar to see what appointments I have this week, or making up really dumb reasons to pull out my gocco or paper cutter... What did you do to ease yourself back from DIY/Planning/Overbooked schedule into a normal life? Is there wedding rehab? Am I allowed to go to my photographers house and start bawling uncontrollably, or that considered rude?

ps. I'm getting so stir-crazy I feel like lending out my services to my friends who are planning weddings, although I realize I had craft slaves to help me, and I don't think they'd appreciate being passed along like meat.

1 comment:

Plummie said...

I love it! Your home is so inspiring. Please post more pics of your house :D