10.12.07

Floral Ignorance, Part 2.

I already admitted I know nothing about flowers and I threw my hands up when our floral designer asked me what I wanted. I literally had no clue what I wanted her to decorate the flower girl's wagon or our chuppah with... I just nodded and looked worried. So when we decided to pick a floral designer, we went with someone who really knew what they were talking about and made us feel like we would get exactly what we wanted..... without even knowing what we wanted was called. She really understood that it wasn't about color or a type of flower, but really about accenting the mood that we wanted to set for our wedding.

Nancy Liu Chin will blow you away when you meet her, she is just such a bubbly, enthusiastic person that you can't help feel she's truly excited to be a part of your day! Both Mr. GB and I felt run over with floral excitement as she energetically tossed out ideas and sketches, ooing and aahing over the possibilities in her mind. We felt confident that we had chosen the perfect person to do our flowers. Someone who knew a whole lot more than we did and was confident just going with it because our open mouthed retardation was really of no help to her.

Our bouquets:


thanks for the second photo, tiff!

Mr. GB had two lapel pins actually, this one and one that she provided should the first wilt. It stood up well in the weather and the second one ended up rotted in the back of our fridge, only to be found brown and nasty behind some equally old parmesan shavings.


I asked Nancy to design 6 wrist corsages to recognize the girls who helped make everything come together.


Our ring pillow was a handmade nest filled with flowers, it was absolutely adorable! I wish I had some better photos of it, I took one when I got home, but it's a little janky. And of course, the adorable flower girl wagon - it turned out better than anticipated and the whole bottom was soft moss!!


The same flowers in the ring nest were used for pomanders to line the aisles. We reused these as cute flower decorations for the lounge area later!


Nancy also provided all the orchids we used to decorate our manzanita branches on the tables!


I think the thing that shocked me the most were the flowers she put together for our "chuppah". Not only was she extremely helpful on information on how to construct one, since she has experience and Mr. GB and I were completely lost as to where we should start, she told us how to attach the correct hooks for floral arrangements! We gave her absolutely no direction with this except that we wanted something that felt the same as the rest of the wedding, very natural. I didn't actually have a chance to see the "chuppah" until I walked down the aisle, so I think seeing this for the first time almost made my eyes water with happiness. How gorgeous is this?!



I think the thing that really felt like we weren't just client #183201 was when she called us from her cell phone at the flower mart to tell us what she had found ranunculus out of season, one of my favorites, and was going to rework the bouquet to work them in for me. She listed all the orchids currently available in front of her, waited for us to google image search what she was suggesting (because we're that pathetic) and bought it with us on the phone. Her phone even died and she called us back from a vendor's booth!


I can't say enough about Nancy and the work she did for us. I suppose this is a vendor review with a raving "OMG She's teh awesome!" rating!

Nancy Lui Chin Designs
Phone: 415.647.2012

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's an uber gorgeous wedding bouquet