22.7.09

Ah, the sacrifices we make.

After the wedding, I had my dress cleaned, put it neatly in a bag, and then threw it on the floor in the back of my closet, heaped into a little pile. I thought I might sell it one day, but Mr. GB is sentimental and doesn't want me to. I'm not attached to much, even cards that I give to Mr. GB I hand to him with the trash bag in hand so that after he reads it, I can toss it. I'm sweet, I know.

Well, when Mr. GB and I decided to move, my friend Lydia exclaimed that she would love to take photos in our soon to be empty flat because the light in the unit is amazing. It's true, the light is very nice, but I hate photos.... but I like Lydia more than I hate photos. Ah, the downside of having friends and people you like, you're willing to do things you dislike in order to make them happy or help them out. Reluctantly, I pulled out my neglected dress, prayed to the heavens that it would fit, and dragged my unwilling body in front of her camera to let her steal my soul.

Although I hate photos of myself, Lydia always manages to make me not look completely stupid, although mildly stupid cannot be helped, and it doesn't hurt that Frances is the cutest dog ever.





Lydia is based here in the bay (east bay!), loves taking photos of happy people (although surly people are also welcome) and is a super sweetheart. She makes me not look like crap and she's a pretty awesome singer for playing Rockband.
Lydia Chen Photography

Well, at least I got to wear my dress again for something! I even cleaned the toilet wearing it! And I got that warm tummy feeling when it still fit, going to treat myself to some Bi-Rite Ice Cream for that one!!

If you didn't sell your dress, if you didn't put it into permanent storage or to pass on to another family member, what did you do with your dress?

1 comment:

Brittany Fitzer said...

Your dress is truely breath taking.