21.7.09

Games or Food?

One year and some number of months ago, I got married to my ginger-kid and then didn't talk about it. So here I am, older, not wiser (I may have lost more marbles since there) and trying to piece together my day and share it with you.

I'll spare the details of the cocktail hour, as I was getting changed and apparently Mr. GB was making the rounds talking to everyone. I have no knowledge of what happened, just some photographic evidence of people being happy, eating, drinking, taking photos of themselves....


if you couldn't tell, these girls are who I lived with in Japan, and who actually stayed with us in the hotel the night before and the night of our wedding. That's how Rob and I roll, sleep over with friends on our wedding night!!

We all went down to the lawn to do the usual, toasts and meal. I, of course, walked around to talk to out guests. Mr. GB ate. He did not get up at all, but I don't know if anyone expected him to, he's definitely an eater.

me walking and being social, yes, I am reusing this photo because I'm faceless and shy that way

My sister, and only bridesmaid, talking about my obsession with corn niblets. I love them and their good, sweet, fake buttery goodness.


Mr. GB's brother, and only groomsman, talking about how Mr. GB was (he still is) a brat.

But what did we do with our free time between food and not-being-social? Play games of course!!! We did have some wi-fi action going on with DS around the table waiting for courses, and I finished Phantom Hourglass. I know, we're lame, we're geeks, and all our friends are too so we're proud of our pale, hermit-like internet obsessed selves. Real human interaction...nooooo!




Beyond playing games at the table, we took the unconventional route in some other ways. For instance, it happened to be the birthday of my best friend from elementary school, and mother of the flower girl and ring bearer. I'd be damned if I tried to push her out of the spotlight on her birthday just because I'm getting married, so we made a point to have everyone sing happy birthday to her. She even got cake before we even cut it. Now that I think about it, where the hell did that cake slice come from?


cakey goodness!

Another was our seating arrangement. Most people opt to either sit with family, their bridal party, or alone. Mr. GB and I decided to sit smack dab in the middle of one of the two really long tables surrounded by friends. Our families sat on opposite ends of the other table, mostly to shield my friends and Mr. GB's family from my boisterous nutty Korean family. While I love my family, Mr. GB and I wanted to sit with our friends and chat, play games, and let the families do whatever they wanted. In Mr. GB's family's case, that was socialize and enjoy being at a wedding. For my family, this was an excute to get together and par-tay! That and get souvenirs! I caught one old Korean woman, who I never actually met, stuffing as many bird nests as she could fit into her bag... so maybe they also were there to profit! I was warned about the sticky fingers of middle aged Korean women, but I didn't believe it until now! In a few years, I too will be able to steal from public places and events with no remorse, and I look forward to my perm and people just shaking their heads at the crazy Korean woman over there.




For now, I leave you with this photo of me from the front being happy and not making a stupid face for once in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful wedding.. Positively most charming in it’s simplicity :) my belated congratulations..