22.7.09

Going unnoticed

The one thing we always kept in mind while planning our wedding was the feel. That was the most important thing for us - not how I looked, not the details of the ceremony, we didn't even have a rehearsal or plan a ceremony until about 10 minutes before we went out. We didn't want everything to look meticulously planned, we wanted it to feel like we threw it all together and it just was totally casual and relaxed. That means... all those details we put together, really didn't stand out. But that's what I wanted. I didn't want anyone to feel like our wedding was a museum of amazing little details, I wanted people to sit back and relax as if this was just a normal get together.

So these are how our details came together to create our mellow, laid back atmosphere. No one will ever know how I agonized over every single freakin' detail and searched high and low for the perfect _____ that seemed so easy when on the table.

Remember those pillows that I had my friend/slave sew for me? They went on the benches next to the parasols and the palmier cookies we had put together. They don't know that it took hours the night before for us to prepare these cookies.




Our simple unstemmed wine and water glasses, simple plates and twiggy utensils. I've said before, me and stems = spillage, but I also feel it's mildly comforting to anyone who spills. It's a little more secure, a little more casual to not have stemware. Tiny bowls for salt and pepper with equally tiny spoons... and mind you, that's pink salt. I'm just that crazy, I'm sure no one noticed, but it made a difference in my whacked out brain.



Those simple bird nests on the napkins? Those took people a long time, and a million bags of eggs because this nutty person refused to have ANY yellow eggs and wanted 90% white eggs only... Yes, I had bags and bags of yellow and colored eggs stashed just because I only wanted the white ones from the bags. Still think I'm reasonable? I need to be institutionalized. Thank god someone married me, I'm absolutely ridiculous.


my sister, cousin, and my friend who performed the ceremony all slaving away with the eggs early in the morning.

And who could forget the Ann Wood Birds that I gave my left kidney for? And the wire frame pedestals that I had Mr. GB call the manufacturer from the back of a magazine and beg them to sell to us. These were/are things I make him do regularly. We're remodeling our bathroom right now and I made him take back tiles and have new ones overnighted to us because the ones we originally received were matte glazed rather than unglazed. I swear no one else will know, in fact, he won't even be able to tell the difference. But to me, in my mad world, I'd stare at them knowing they weren't the right tiles for however long we lived there. Writing it out I am beginning to realize why my mother was relieved I found someone willing to put up with my crap.


wire pedestals of doom and a bird

more birds, but this time, with cake!

our menu with calligraphy by Bluebird Studios, can't recommend her enough! So sweet!

And last, but not least, my collection of cake stands, the macarons we hand wrapped the night before, the cake boxes for take-home cake and the kraft bags for taking all those home with you.



Did I get all my ridiculous details that no one but me noticed? I think so. Do you want your guests to see and feel the hard work and effort you put into your wedding, or are you content just knowing they're there?

At the very least, I know sticky fingered Korean woman noticed my details! Noticed them straight into her gigantor purse!

No comments: