19.7.07

Big decisions were never my thing.

I haven't talked much about my dress, I'm guessing because I never was 100% sure I got the right one. It's coming back to haunt me, 5 months later.

Does anyone else feel like being pressured to find a dress months before your wedding date puts it on the urgent to-do list? I wish I had spent a whole lot more time prior to my engagement looking at gowns so I had more research under my belt... alas, I waited until months after my ring was on my finger to look at dresses.

Before I go on, I want to start by saying I do love it. I'm just not sure it's 100% me, and I'm worried about how I'll feel several hours into the reception.

This is it, the "drama in the back" Monique Lhuillier Scarlet.



It's an all outdoor, lounging, games, activity wedding, which had not yet been planned out when I ordered my gown (again, why do we have to do that so early?) so it hadn't been a huge concern of mine to find something really easy to move around in. Now I have this beautiful, elegant, but not exactly comfortable dress and I'm regretting it. Mr. GB is concerned that I'll look uncomfortable, or will spend a great deal of time adjusting it to try and make myself feel more secure.

We had considered getting a different one and trying to sell my current gown to recoup the losses, or getting a second reception gown - but I feel mildly defeated. I'm not sure whether it's worse for me to feel slightly uncomfortable at my wedding or just really really guilty if I do buy something else.


Today, he sat me down and told me to do what I wanted and we'd figure it out either way. That makes me feel more guilty. It'd been better had he said "no, stupid!"

so is it better to be guilty or to be uncomfortable? has anyone else felt like they regretted their purchase and what did you do?

No comments: