18.7.07

Tubes of goodness.

My boss in Japan is more excited about the wedding than anyone else, it's so cute. He has been sending me the fabric and linen tape to help with the wedding, making it easy for me to stick with the zakka theme. Now, I have two packages coming - the tracking says it left Osaka yesterday evening. I am the kind of person who sit and hits refresh on my tracking number waiting for it to show any sign of coming here. One box is full of ink and toothpaste... yes, I ordered 31 different random flavors of toothpaste from Japan because I'm a freak. A box of tubes, some edible, some poisonous.

The other is a gocco printer. I don't know how to use it, but I've read it's easy - so my graphic designer friend is coming over and we're going to break open that sucker and try it out. Riso Gocco is a compact machine that does a kind of printing close to silk screening. It's not the same, but it's the closest thing to it and the best way to describe it.


I need to make stickers for my cake to-go bags, so i figured this would be a cheap and homemade way to do it. I'm hoping homemade will make up for it being uneven and craptastic. You know, that quaint kind of messed up! I figure I'll put this drawing on the stickers, only because I want to get some mileage out of it!



Hopefully soon the printer will be here and there will be some fantastic photos of me cover in ink and crying.

No comments: