7.7.07

Inappropriate Caterer = True Love.

I do love our venue, but I must come clean, our first love was... the caterer. This was to be our first, out of two, catering tastings. Remember how I said I was all about clicking with my vendors? (more about the cake, later - I promise!) Well, this is no different. My catering tasting was love at first... bite? conversation? Whatever it was, both of us knew we wanted them.

I'll start this by saying that the food was simply amazing!!! They're 100% organic and use local produce, which I'm all about - but good. And they have the same idea about food as we do, food is meant to be eaten and enjoyed, not just looked at and appreciated. Not to say their presentation isn't good, it is! It's appetizing, beautiful and clean, but it's not "art". Instead, it looks like something you immediately want to smash your face into, foregoing stupid utensils that would slow you down.

However, It wasn't just the yummy food that won us over. Several courses into the meal, we were both happily eating our entrees, discussing the wedding and foods we love, how I happen to have a lot of vegan friends, and through that - my friend's vegan dog. I repeat, we were still eating at this point, when she decided to take a chance on us.

- THIS IS NOT FOR THE WEAK OF HEART -

She looked us up and down, and said "I shouldn't be telling you this...." but when continues to tell us a story about how a vegan couple she knew had raised a vegan cat. That cat had kittens, and having never had meat before... proceeded to eat the kittens immediately. Again, we were eating. We'd just met her. She wanted us to book her as our caterer.

We were sold. Anyone who would be daring enough to tell us that disgusting and unappetizing of a story to two potential clients was right in our book! She sized us up in that hour and a half as the kind of couple would appreciate that story. Not in the sick morbid enjoying the death of kittens kind of way, but the irony of a couple of vegans taking all that time to raise a cat vegan, only to have the carnivorous instincts take over. Then promply be forced to watch something far worse than just feeding your cat a can of iams.


I'm sure your opinion of me now has your eyebrows raised, between metal in odd places and dead kittens, but I promise it'll be all mostly clean from here!

No comments: