23.7.07

Unexpected Additions.

I don't hate babies. I don't hate children. But I am incredibly uncomfortable and nervous around them, I don't really know what to do with them. Mr. Gummibear loves watching me when I'm forced to interact with children. My best friend from elementary school placing her 5 month old little girl on my lap... I just stared at her silently. Mr. GB says to interact, but I just freeze, afraid I'm going to break it. He's fine, he loves well behaved children - and particularly my friend's son and daughter.

He wanted to have children at the wedding, at least a ring bearer and flower girl, but we didn't know any children. A few month after the above awkward event, he asked me if we could ask her about having her two children as part of the ceremony. I told him that her son is a good age, but her daughter is only 1 as of this year, but they are both very very well behaved and really wonderful, so I imagine that if it were possible, they'd be perfect.

Determined, Mr. GB came up with the idea of having her daughter ride in a flower decorated radio flyer being pulled by her brother.


The idea is adorable! I ran it by my friend and she was really excited, and thought both her kids would have a lot of fun.

Less than three months to go and I'm trying to figure out the logistics of adding this and finding a dress and suit for her kids. I don't even know where to start - and a little girl at barely 1 is growing so quickly, I don't know how I'll find a dress that will still fit her by the time the wedding comes!

but it's too cute - I can't resist. I'm adding more than I need to my plate, but it's worth it!

No comments: