14.9.07

Honey, it's stuck! ... sucker.

I've become one of THOSE girls. Yes, we went to pick up the wedding ring and I put it on my finger... then off to have photos taken for appraisal, then on again because we were going shopping and I didn't want to leave my ring in the car. Well, after ramming and pulling repeatedly, my knuckle was red and swollen, there was no hope of getting that little brat off my finger. Mr. GB, determined to keep me from wearing it before the wedding, conceded that my finger indeed looked like it was going to burst if I tried to remove it again and let me go about the rest of my day with it on.

But as expected, he has since forgotten I'm wearing it. So I'm just going to wear it and let him continue to think I took it off. He's not so much for the details, so he won't even notice unless someone outs me... and she will pay. (I assume it will be a she, but I swear to make whatever gender that crosses me pay equally.)


Early on we decided not to have matching rings - although we tried once or twice or find things that would match at least vaguely, we gave up. Instead, we opted to share a matching diamond. Just like Mr. GB's pink hidden diamond, I also have a small pink diamond among the standard whites. It's our little secret, just like his, right? No one will notice on their own, so unless you hive-goers are flappin' your lips, it's our secret pink bond.





Again, both were made by Eric Trabert Goldsmiths in San Francisco, someone who is worth seeing if you want really beautiful custom work.

oh, Mr. Gummi Bear, you're such a sucker. I'm wearing this ring until the morning of the ceremy, where I will take it off for about 15 minutes and then put it back on.

No comments: