6.9.07

but it's not easter...

We, like the now Mrs. Plum (congratulations!), also purchased those little nests from William Sonoma. They were having a sale, so we snatched them up and bought a poop-ton. Actually W-S tried to screw us and told us we could not have them for the sale price in a little formal letter they sent us in the mail. Mr. GB called in hurry and after being denied a bunch of times for the sale price at which we purchased the nests at, he was transferred to a supervisor and immediately given the correct price. While this was annoying, +1 for W-S customer service for giving us the advertised price with not too much nudging. I don't know why, but I've come to expect the worst possible service from anyone these days. I feel abused.



However, unlike my smarter fellow bee, I didn't think too much of what was going to go into the nests, so we're here with a lot of nests and nothing to go in them. I thought of maybe putting jordan almonds in them, but honestly, I hate jordan almonds. No offense to anyone who uses them, but I'm a militant anti-nut (despite being one myself) and think that covering a nut in what would otherwise be well used sugar is a sin. You'd see me at the wedding table with a plate of soggy nuts after chipping and sucking the coating off and spitting them back out. It's attractive, I know - but it's my wedding and if I want to suck the nuts and spit them out, you are still obligated to tell me I'm gorgeous and that I'm glowing. Even with that piece of almond skin stuck to my upper lip, dammit.

So save me - save me from having to endure looks of mild disgust while people stare at my wet-nut covered plate while they force out a fake compliment, vurping a little into their mouths. There is little chance that my clumsy ass won't inevitably drool some straight onto my dress, and in a dog like body-shake, all over Mr. GB and some guests. Is there any way to get cute egg chocolates without offering my first born to the Easter Bunny to make early deliveries?

No comments: