19.10.07

It's a secret.

I wanted to wait until I had professional photos of all the flowers at the wedding.
But I can't resist, I had to post SOMETHING about them!

I had no ideal bouquet, no dream flowers, hell, I barely know the names of flowers. Carnations what? Isn't that condensed milk? When I went to meet with our floral designer, I was so confused, I didn't have a clue what was going on. I gave a list of flowers I know that I like, most of which are unavailable in October: Ranunculus, peonies, and dahlias. While dahlias do exist, they apparently aren't very resilient. :(

After nailing down every other decision, it came down to the bouquet - I found these two inspirations and emailed them over:


image from michelle rago ltd


image from inspiration queen rebecca thuss

I loved the colors, the soft whites into the soft muted pinks, mauve and warm purples. The addition of the uneven foliage, the difference in the kinds of blooms used and the way they were all put together helped to create that natural, freshly picked look.

She sent us information on what flowers she was using, but uh.... I have no imagination for how they would be put together. I was so overwhelmed, (who knows how to spell the scientific names of orchid families by heart so to look them up...??!?!) so I said "I just trust you." After a frantic phone call from the flower mart saying she found ranunculus and got them for me (whee!) I otherwise didn't know what was in it.


Sometimes, when you see someone's portfolio and know they are good and just don't have any clue what you want, it's good to step back and just put your faith in them. I did, and it was perfect.


image by floral designer... I'll give you her name later, silly!


to be continued when we have our professional photos...

No comments: