8.10.07

We've got good news... and bad news....

Which do you want first? Ok, we'll start with the good because it makes for pretty pictures, and we all know that pretty pictures is what makes you guys come back day after day. (That and the hope that Mr. GB will write that Japan guide for you, and he will, but probably after the wedding)

I'm feeling a little blah today, I took a nap on the couch promptly after waking up, and Mr. GB left with the dogs to take them to the butt-fluff trimmers. He walks in, totally lacking that nap-time quiet and boisterously flung open the living room french doors, gigantic package to match his equally gigantic grin. He tells me that the UPS man was joking with him this morning, about how there hasn't been a day when he has to drive up our street that he hasn't had a package for us.... we're sad that after the wedding all he'll be delivering is the occasional anthropologie package. By occasional, I mean weekly. We slowly cut the tape around the package and open it up to reveal... my dream wedding package.



Yes, that's 20 birds and a cake topper from Ann Wood! I love Mr. GB for managing to order these for me, after so long of writhing on the floor in desperate want of these birds, we have them! My photos really don't do them justice, so I'll post the images that Ann Wood sent to us herself. Even her own photos don't show how cute they are!


the whole group of them!


closeup of the topper

I know, how could anything go wrong after this? What is the bad news?

RAIN.

It looks like it may rain on or before the day of the wedding, which is just really really bad since we have no indoor options and the rain contingency would be ridiculously expensive! If it rains before, the grass will be sopping wet and lawn games and picnics would be right out. :(

Pray for good weather everyone!! Oh, and if you are mad scientist who has plans for world domination with a weather machine, I promise you my first born if you keep the rest of october sunny and bright!

No comments: