21.10.07

What?! No Stems?!

That's right, no stems. We opted for simple water tumbler glasses and the reidel 'o' stemless glasses. Not only because I tend to feel like I'm about to pour whatever liquid happens to be in my stemmed glass all over myself or someone's white sofa/rug/maltese puppy, but because I wanted to go for a more relaxed feel at the table. That and with all the fist shaking after particularly vicious battles of tetris between courses, we felt that even trying to pretend we were sophisticated delicate wine drinkers would just be a thinly veiled sham, we admit it. We prefer juice.

Anyway, Mr. GB really really wanted twig flatware, so he got his wish. I think it tied the branch centerpieces + nest placecard holders together really well. Maybe even with the chivari chair bamboo-y-wood thing they have going on too. I could just be lying to myself that we actually thought about all this beforehand and I really AM that stylish and detailed. Yes!

Seeing as it was just over a week ago, I still don't have photos - but thankfully my cousin took some photos of the table settings for us! Thanks Ellen!


Less is more! Less is cheaper! ahem... less is more!


I think using the nests as placecard holders worked out fairly well. Some of them stood up better than others. Some of them came home with us, some people took theirs, and some of them went home with two korean women who raped the table of all things not tied down until their bags were full. Seriously, there was a stack of about 5 nests that could not be fit, so there they were left on the table, a tower of sad, discarded, unstealable nests.

Now the remaining 50 or so nests are in a box, lined up nicely so they don't get tangled, by the front door. Sadly ignored because I'm finishing Phantom Hourglass and Mr. GB is thoroughly engrossed in Puzzle Quest. Bejeweled with Skeletons, that game, and stealer of my husband's soul. I imagine we may get around to selling them, otherwise, burning them in a wedding bonfire that will coincide with some kind of nervous breakdown.


This is unrelated to the tablesetting choices, I had to post this photo because it's cute.

thanks for the picture, tiff & jason!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

how did you make them? do you still have them ?? I would like to buy them if you are looking to get rid of them?
monjori.is@gmail.com

Unknown said...

how did you make them? do you still have them ?? I would like to buy them if you are looking to get rid of them?
monjori.is@gmail.com