24.8.07

but... Japan is NOT a vacation!

Everyone wants to know where we're going on our honeymoon, but honestly, we haven't planned one! Mr. GB will be starting a new contract on a game in fall, we have the house and animals to take care of... and we can't think of anywhere we'd like to go in October or November! It gets cold, and Mr, GB and I are both bay area weather wimps. What do you MEAN it gets under 50 and over 80? What kind of madness is this!?

And I'm not sure why, but people keep suggesting or assuming it'll be Japan. I used to live there and I go regularly for work and visiting friends, I can't think of it as an exotic location to take a trip! I want to use my honeymoon as an excuse to go somewhere I haven't been and probably won't go again for a while, if ever... hopefully not because I got sick and hated it. I have a fragile stomach, I can just see myself locked in a toilet in some foreign land cursing the lack of nice toilet paper. But seriously, Japan, what's with the one-ply wax paper you use in the toilet?

Anyway, it was suggested to take a mini-moon to Japan and Korea, which I think is the perfect thing for us. We can see family and friends who couldn't make it and when Mr. GB is off this contract, we can take a spring tour in 2008 to somewhere more "vacation" for us. And really, I do miss Japan, it was just not a honeymoon location for me, so this is an excuse to go without wasting the title "honeymoon" on a trip there. :) After that, maybe we'll take a world tour or something, as Mr. GB hasn't been to any part of Europe and I need a good long stay in each country to satisfy my shopping and food consumption... and I always felt that Australia or New Zealand would be one of those countries I'd honeymoon in, but never visit otherwise.

Is anyone else postponing their honeymoon for a better time/weather/financial situation/anything?

No comments: