30.8.07

Oh photoshop...

how I wish I had illustrator instead of you. Actually, I do, somewhere, but I'm using photoshop for easy-peasy stuff like this.

Mr. GB and I are taking on the daunting task of wrapping our favors one by one. 300 macarons each individually wrapped with cello paper, tied on either ends with ribbons, and a sticker to keep them closed. I know, everyone has said this is total insanity to attempt the day before the wedding, but I think we'll survive. We have friends. We may NOT have friends after we force them into this for a full day of torture and calluses, but by then, the work will be done, so it's ok if they hate us! All for the sake of cuteness am I willing to give up many friendships!

We have cut ribbon into 6" strips, we have the cello wrap... uncut, but it will be! And now the stickers, this is the design I came up with:


Beyond being kinda cheesy and not particularly interesting, which is the best in terms of color?


And because I can, a little note about our macarons. I'm obsessed with Pierre Herme, alas, he doesn't exist here and although I was scheming to have them brought from Tokyo, we gave in and found some locally. Not to say they aren't good and adorable, and they are within the completely coincidental theme of organic goods.

Besides, how CUTE is this store?! This is their Hayes Valley location, and well worth checking out because it's ridiculously adorable.




Miette Cakes
Pâtisserie
Ferry Building Marketplace, Shop 10
San Francisco, CA 94111

Confiserie
449 Octavia Boulevard
San Francisco, CA 94102

Tasty!

No comments: