8.8.07

Our cheap table finds a purpose!

Yesterday, we got a good 5-6 packages. I love packages, it's like Christmas, only Santa is usually wearing a brown shirt and shorts. Sometimes he comes wearing a blue suit, and is surlier these days thanks to our normal mail carrier being MIA. How I miss her...

Of the several 30lbs boxes, of which weak Mr. GB could barely carry, we received one from Paper Monkey Press! Our invites!! They even sent us free 'Thank You' cards!



As we all know I'm insane, I forced Mr. GB into yet another adventure in DIY madness. It turned out that in order to cut our tags the way we wanted, they would be delayed and we'd still have to punch the eyelets ourselves. I figured we'd save time and money and do the cutting and punching ourselves. We became a two man work line, with me cutting and marking, and him punching and inserting eyelets. We grabbed the old Ikea table from the garage as a workspace and got to work.


I'm very exact, so I measured frequently to make sure I was cutting and marking the eyelet holes properly. They look white, but they're just flipped over. I refused to fall behind, so I worked until my right arm muscles were twitching with pain. That and we wanted to make the 7:20 showing of a movie in downtown SF and needed to bust ass.


Our cheap garage Ikea table is permanently scarred with the marks of hammered eyelets. But look how cute they are!! (they're in the right hand corner)

All in all, it took us about 2 hours to finish 95 tags. Mr. GB was ready to keep going excitedly swinging his minuscule hammer around like a child.

I'll have more photos later, when we get them back from the calligrapher. That and my muscles need to stop twitching, the wedding is causing severe nerve damage.... and probably invisible mental scarring as well. It's all fine though, Mr. GB is already resigned to the fact that eventually I will cut and perm my hair, lose my ability to speak English and babble nonsensically. This is what he envisions happens to all Korean women at a certain age.

He's a sweetheart.

No comments: