22.8.07

Invitation Melt.. er.. Breakdown.

The last bit of our invitations arrived today!

Our box tags with our guests' names written on them by Bluebird Studios. Rebecca is wonderful and really responsive, not to mention fast! I absolutely love the tags, and she was so sweet when I asked her to write some names more clearly for my non-native english speaking family. They're perfect! And so nice, she put a few with our names on it!


We tied the labels onto the boxes with our twine, separated the ones that were going out of town and stuffed them into boxes with some shredded excelsior for packing material. Turns out Mr. GB is allergic to it... heehee. I made him stuff them, not for that reason, but I still find it amusing with him sniffing and sneezing. I made these address labels the night before with photoshop and some copy and pasting into word, then we put the ones that are going out of town and slapped them onto the brown paper packaging. Note the cute tape on the sides, I couldn't just let them go normally, that would be too easy and much less hassle. We all know that I love a reason to complain!




And now they're all packaged up. The 26 that we're sending out and the rest stacked, ready to be hand delivered. In fact, we're driving to Sacramento with some birch poles, a lot of pillows and fabric, and a stack of these invitations tonight. I'm more than relieved to say we're done with these!



Oh, and we did end up going the vintage stamp route on the rsvps envelopes. Which made me wonder.. how does the usps know that your stamps are real? can they identify ALL stamps from all years? I hope my rsvps come back to me... :(



For someone who can't stand being crafty and diy, I do a whole lot of things I really don't like doing under the pressing desire to have things be very personalized...

ps. thank you to the sweet woman who helped us at the lake park post office. She was so nice when we walked in with our two bags of packages, they had an assembly line for putting postage and stickers and made sure they went out with today's truck!

No comments: