24.8.07

Our final cake(s) decision. Almost.

After the previous experiences of good baker, not so good cake... and good cake, not so good baker... we ended up find a good baker and a good cake. We were so relieved to find SOMEONE who was neither mean nor dry (hoho!) that we were almost not going to go to the next interview. Almost.

Thank god we did! The cake was amazing, and we haven't figured out exactly the deal, but it seems that she makes the cake in her own home and that she just likes to make wedding cakes. That's it. She enjoys making wedding cakes - and so they are not only AMAZING but there is that kind of homemade love in it. No bakery, no staff, just someone happy to make cakes for couples. :) We love her, and her home, and had our last meeting with her last week. The best part... she's $700 LESS than the lowest quote we received. So I'm getting two flavors of the best wedding cake we tried for 1/3 the price anyone else offered us!!! I'm tempted to get a whole lot more cake to gorge myself on after the wedding.. not that I haven't been eating ice cream cake every day for the past week. My arteries are crying right now. And possibly my thighs.


We decided to go a very casual route, as the entire wedding is pretty much laid back and relaxed, and not get a tiered cake. Instead, we're taking 6 cake stands, all different, and putting a single tier cake on each. All slightly different in design, all buttercream, and hopefully very natural looking. I love looking at those gorgeous awe inspiring cakes with skill and artistry and fondant madness, but honestly, I want my own wedding cake to make people DROOL.





The only last issue is that we wanted to get an Ann Wood Cake Topper - but she's stopped making them. :( I'll just look at this image and cry for a while, as I'd happily give a toe (probably the morton's toe) to have this cake topper.



Anyone have any recommendations for something similar?

No comments: