1.8.07

The dress... again!? Last one, I swear!

I swear I won't have another one of these. I had my side by side comparison of the two gowns I've been going back and forth on.

First, the Monique Lhuillier Scarlet. I'll say that the alterations manager was just as horrible and awful in person as on the phone and yelled at me several times, demanding I tell her if "I have a problem" with what they were doing... not asking, just snapping at me. She basically told me I was stupid for asking questions if I did, and I spent the next several hours SEETHING. I watched her immediately offend another girl when I was leaving, looking her up and down and with the look of disgust on her face "god... you look tan, what have you been doing? AND you're wearing ORANGE." Mind you, this was another bride. Mr. GB left and immediately at the door said "god, what a rude bitch." He's far more patient and friendly than I am, and he was disgusted with her.

Ignore my otherwise sour expression and lack of makeup, I was angry most of the day because of my experience with her.

-front view-
-side-

It's more form fitting, there definitely needs to be some serious alterations, but otherwise I think I look fine.


Then we hopped on over to Saks 5th Avenue, where I had a really nice time. Our representative there is very sweet, lets me do what I want and walk around and doesn't push me. She's just helpful and attentive, but not overbearing in any way. I had a wonderful experience with the service there. Anyway, this is the Claire Pettibone Laurel. The clip is holding several inches in and the dress is hanging a bit low, and the back straps would go almost straight down rather than a V shape.


-sour looking front photo-
-back straight-


I'll decide tomorrow or Friday, I promise. Really!

And another tidbit for you SF locals, I did stop by Jin Wang today to look at some Thomas Knoell Accessories. I met Jin herself up front and she was the sweetest. If I didn't already have so many dress problems, I would have made an appointment! She seems really helpful and if the service I got for looking at her accessories is any indication of how it would go for a full bridal appointment...

Besides, look how pretty and light the salon is!


Back to agonizing over my gown decision... wish me luck!

No comments: