3.8.07

Guilt Complex

All this misery about bad bakers and the demon of alterations left me with a sour taste in my mouth about those kinds of vendors who prey on brides. I was feeling angry and disgusted with the bridal industry and felt a stomping tantrum coming on when I got a call yesterday from Jin Wang. She called to give me an update on my Thomas Knoell pin and I took the chance of asking her about a bridal gown alteration place she could recommend. Even though I didn't buy a gown from her, and at that point had not even bought the pin, she expressed sympathy for my current dilemma and immediately gave me the name of the woman she recommends to all her brides that come through her salon. Jin has been nothing short of sweet and awesome, so I booked an appointment and renewed my faith in bridal salons.

Vendors affect me so much it's ridiculous. I always get a little nervous when thinking about our venue or like my anxiety is melting like ice cream when I speak with our coordinator. I really appreciate the people who are working to bring my wedding vision together, even if I AM paying them. Last time we were in Tokyo, I brought back tons of magazines for my vendors, hard to find books, and Pierre Herme macarons. I just cannot thank them enough for what they're doing for me - probably because I'm also really too shy to say anything and just poke Mr. GB in the back. Seriously, I have a notepad where I write everything I want to discuss and make him study it in the car before we get out because I never have the courage to speak. Insane? Yes. But I'm slightly less insane than Mr. GB is patient!


Just to tell some of my vendors how lucky I feel to have them share my wedding with me, I bought them presents from Japan.


Am I crazy for doing this? Does anyone else feel like they owe their souls to the good people who are helping them put this all together or am I the only one who feels guilty for asking people to do something for me... even if it's their job?



Oh, and the ML gown has been removed from the clutches of horror woman. No matter what I decide to do, I didn't want to have it altered there, so no point in leaving it at the salon of evil!

No comments: